My Quarter Life Crisis

I've heard of a "Mid Life Crisis," but what's a "Quarter Life Crisis?"  Well I'm not sure either, but I think it goes something like this:

I'd say I'm a bit past a quarter of my years at a ripe 28 years old, but "Third Life Crisis" doesn't have that ring to it and unless I intend to take up a hard drug addiction or extreme cow tipping in the near future, Mid Life doesn't apply either.  So Quarter Life, it is.  Crisis, though?  Is it really a crisis?  I suppose it depends on which dictionary entry you choose.  Most of them have an ominous undertone; one where you can expect the worst.  But I choose the first: a stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, especially for better or for worse, is determined; turning point (www.dictionary.com).  So why this turning point?  There has been no major upheaval in my life.  I feel no uncertainty in general.  And yet I feel the need to uproot my life and do something great.  I don't intend to change the world, for I know I cannot.  I don't even plan on changing anyone's life but my own.  I feel I have the opportunity to move beyond the mundane and onto an adventure and I am going to take it.

This is my journey.
 

Comments

Popular Posts