Playing Catch Up!

It has been about 4 years since I last wrote a blog post.  As you can imagine, about a million things have happened since then.  Of course I wish I would have continued to write during this time, but it's almost like after I found Farhad, I no longer felt the need to write, to explain myself.  I wanted to live in the now, and was no longer interested in documenting it.

To get you up-to-date:
-Farhad and I continued to travel together in my rickshaw and fell in love.  He proposed to me!


-I went to Thailand and Laos to renew my visa in April 2013.
Chang Mai, Thailand
Khao Sok National Park, Thailand
Taking the slow boat from Thailand to Laos, Mekong River
Weaving class in Luang Prabang, Laos
Temple in Luang Prabang, Laos

-Farhad and I got married in Mumbai on June 10, 2013
Myself, Persis (Farhad's mother), Farhad


-I returned back to Cheyenne, Wyoming on June 27, 2013
Myself, Mama and Rachel at Mama's birthday party

-We applied for Farhad's visa in the summer of 2013

-I bought a house for our future, a beautiful home in the Avenues

-I waited patiently for Farhad.  And he waited patiently for me.

-Farhad received his visa in February of 2015 and arrived on February 22, 2015 during a huge snow storm!  He was surprised that I didn't tell him that I lived in a village :(

-We had a grand marriage celebration with our American friends and family at The Suite in the old Frontier Hotel.  It was fabulous!

-My mother, father, nephew, brother and his family, Farhad and myself all took a family vacation to Mazatlan, Mexico!

-We opened a small import store downtown called Marigold Global Boutique.  Sales were slow, but it was a great experience.

-I got pregnant and lost the baby at 20 weeks.  It was heartbreaking :(

-Farhad became am electrical apprentice at Pole Mountain Electric.

-I took up yoga at Little Lotus Yoga and absolutely fell in love!

-We adopted the sweetest little man, Raju Bhai!

-I went to a yoga retreat in Tulum, Mexico with Alee Link with River Flow Yoga, a woman I had met in Laos!  Tulum is my new favorite place!





-Farhad and I went back to India to visit his family.  I then went on to Bali and Australia alone, while he stayed in India.






-One more trip to Mazatlan, Mexico with Mom, Dad, Vilas and myself.  Farhad wasn't interested in the heat after being in India the month before!

-I have continued to practice and grow with my Henna!





-I just did a TEDx Cheyenne Talk!!!  It was the opportunity of a lifetime and I am truly proud of myself, as public speaking is so far outside of my comfort zone!

I am sure I missed a few things, but here we are!
If you made it this far, you are a trooper!
After my TEDx Talk, I feel a renewed sense of creativity and confidence!  I plan to continue to tell my story here, and share my life with you!

Comments

Popular Posts