Procrastination

Here I am, 1 day before I leave this fair city of Cheyenne, Wyoming.  I sit at my desk at work pretending to work.  It's not working, everyone knows I'm wasting time until I leave, like many other "short timers" before me.  I feel I have trained my replacement  for the most part, and although there are a few areas we only briefly touched on, I am confident Laura will be able to figure out things on her own or ask me.  Since I plan on being available to answer questions throughout my trip, and there are many other resources available to her, I think the transition will go smoothly. 

Other than work, however, I have not packed my bags.  Or my life.  Or said goodbye to some of the people that I will love and miss.  So tonight is dedicated to running last minute errands, packing what little I can think of that I will need for the next year, having one last meal with my family, and moving most things out of my room to make a guestroom.  I better enlist some help.  This is usually where my cousin, Rachel comes in.  She's pretty good at saving my ass.

Other things I haven't done:
-Found a place to park my Vespa - it is currently sitting in my parents' yard in the snow
-Made hotel arrangements for my first stop in New Delhi

Oh wow, it turns out that's all I can think of now which makes me feel much better about my situation compared to things I have taken care of:
-Finished last travel shots
-Taken Luca into the vet for vaccinations and check-up & subsequently taken her back for a dental
-Saved enough money!
-Purchased plane tickets
-Trained a replacement
-Figured out what to do with my car while I am gone
-Gotten an International Driver's Permit from AAA
-Bought a new computer for my travels
-Said goodbye to most of my friends and family
-HAD ENOUGH BALLS TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH MY PLAN AND MADE IT HAPPEN!

I should rename this post to "I am awesome!"

But I still have a ton of work to do in order to pack.  I love deadlines.

Comments

Popular Posts